Sunday, July 20, 2014

Another Improv Mug Rug and Open Wide Pouch

Today I have to share with you another improv mug rug I made for my sister for her birthday. The fabrics are Basic Grey and Amy Butler. I figured she could use it at her desk at work to brighten up her space.  We all need that for those of us who work in cubicles, right?  I also made an extra small open wide pouch (tutorial by Anna of Noodlehead).  I had the fabric already cut out from a purse I made and gave to my sister last year, otherwise I would have made the pouch bigger. This pouch is my favorite, because the zipper construction allows for the pouch to 'open wide', you don't have to riffle through looking for something in particular because things are in plain sight better.  I love that. It will still fit her stuff in it, since she doesn't wear any makeup.  I added a small lotion and antibacterial gel to the pouch.   I am really enjoying the improv, it's a great way to use up scraps!

Here is the back of the mug rug - the strip of colors was cut off from the front when I squared it up and I had the yellow fabric in my stash, it happened to be the perfect size, serendipitous!  I just did some straight line quilting on this one, I thought it would be just right for it!  

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a great week!  

I am linking up to the following link parties: Think Pink Sundays; Threading Your Way; Show off Saturday: Show and Tell Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. What a lucky sister you have! This will certainly be a nice way to brighten up her cubicle! I found this over at Think Pink Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a mug rug but have never got round to making one! Bet your sister loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute set. Your sister is so lucky to have you sewing for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric choices. The open wide pouch is a great pattern, isn't it. Lucky sister!

    ReplyDelete