Sunday, July 13, 2014

City Slicker Bag - final bag of the month

I'm very excited to share my final Sew Sweetness Bag of the month club bag - the City Slicker, designed by Chris W Designs.  This is the advanced version and I admit there were a few times I thought I bit off more than I could chew since it was my first time tackling an advanced pattern.  But, it was very well written and there were lots of pictures to follow. Mainly they were my mistakes and slight tendency for perfection that caused me the most grief.  Luckily, she has an intermediate version for sale as well.  It is aptly made with Sara Lawson's Limited Edition Jungle Ave prints for Art Gallery fabrics (click here to see the Jungle Ave Lookbook).  I have to tell you, if you have NEVER felt these fabrics or even bought them, you are missing out!  I do not understand how they get them so soft, but they are just divine. They make wonderful clothing too!

Here is the back of my City Slicker.  This was my first time making a Welt pocket (it's basically a trimmed slip pocket and I must say, it was pretty cool and easy to do!  

Since I LOVE my Michael Miller Mirror Ball Dots, I had to throw some in the mix with this bag, so I used the orange! I love how the inside of my bag has an unexpected POP now!  

 As you can see, there are LOTS of pockets inside this bag - I love it!

Here is a picture of all 6 bags that started in January; it was so fun getting a new pattern on the first of the month, that I figured when July 1 rolled around I was going to be sad.  I had mixed feelings of course, because I needed to finish June's bag (it took me FOREVER) and there were other projects I wanted and needed to complete!  Overall, this was a great experience - if you missed out on it this time, don't when the opportunity presents itself!  A few weeks ago my friend asked me how many bags/purses I have sewn and I finally counted, I think it was 18 but I gave away some recently.  I think I have a little obsession.  

13 comments:

  1. This bag is lovely :) I too have this pattern so eager to make it. You have had so much patience to make so many bags Congrats. Thanks for stopping by my blog and appreciating my clutch:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna...exceptional! Your fabric choices are wonderful! I love that blue front pocket. Thanks so much for the invite to visit. I'll be back for sure. I'm now a follower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots and Lots of time and love went into them. Fantastic Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made such a fun bag with all these different fabrics. Very cheery and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bay and a lovely choice of fabrics! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great homage to Sara's fabrics! You really worked hard. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog, glad I got the chance to come see yours! You are ahead of me, I've only made one of the bag of the month patterns so far! I have plans to do them all, just need to find the time! Great job on the advanced version!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all those pockets, Donna. You can never have too many. A great looking bag, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic collection of bags! So beautiful! Thank you so much for linking up to #sewjosaturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on conquering this bag! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun bag! I love all the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks superb, well done for persevering! Love those orange mirror dots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, lovely bags. I really like your fabric choices. I haven't tried any zippers yet. Too scared :)

    ReplyDelete