Sunday, July 27, 2014

#dividedbasketsewalong

I am not sure if I've shared my love for Instagram enough so I have to tell you one night after work, I stumbled upon 2 new sewers to follow Shequiltsalot and good_starter and discovered they are doing a Noodlehead pattern sewalong for the Divided Basket (the pattern is only $6.50- great value).  This is a pattern I have been eyeing since she released it.  I have a lot of Anna's patterns, they are well written and easy to follow with great features.  I am excited to use this as a sewing tool basket to keep next to my sewing machine.  Right now I use a plastic mini laundry basket from Dollar Tree.  it's cute, but finding something inside always take a long time since everything is just thrown in.  With the divided basket, there's two inside compartments and outside pocket - much more practical.

This weekend 10 local fabric shops were having a shop hop in Austin - and although I didn't have any plans to participate, I ended up convincing bribing my husband to come along with me and I will buy us lunch. Works nearly every time.  Our first stop was Bunnysdesigns  where I know the shop owner.  That was a fun place, I had intentions on getting some Cotton+Steel fabrics because she got a shipment the day before, but little did I know I would fall in love with several of her Japanese cat fabrics!  Well of course - since I love cats!!  I found the cutest cats to make my Road Trip club Duffle Bag (that I can really use for my upcoming quilt retreat with the Austin Modern Quilt Guild ladies) so as soon as I finish this blog post, I am getting cracking on that!!
Here is a pic of all my loot - our next stop was Stitch Lab, that place has such charm.  This is where I finally was able to get some long coveted Anna Maria Horner Pretty Potent.  Then, we had a delicious lunch at Bouldin Street Cafe which was a recommendation by my cool tattoo artist.  It was vegan/vegetarian and we look forward to going back there!   Our last stop was in Buda B&B Quilting, which was not on the shop hop but I saw one of the gals who is a guild member (that sat next to me at the last meeting), so it was fun chatting with here there.  I finally got some beeswax for thread conditioning when hand sewing that I've wanted for a while. Then I got the lower right fabric an old line from Amy Butler's Love collection for only $5.00 a yard!  I'm not sure I will go back to that store though, it doesn't carry my style of fabrics.  It was a super fun unexpected day thanks to my awesome husband!!!  

It would be fun if you participate in the #dividedbasketsewalong with us!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Those fabrics are sooo pretty! Some of my favorites of the year. The basket you're going to make is sure to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete