Sunday, September 21, 2014

Disney Zip and Go bags & lil' cutie pouch

Hi there!  Sorry long time no post.  Been busy working lots of overtime at work (boo) since it's our busiest time of year and also I've been relaxing and gotten more into knitting lately when I need a little break from sewing *wink*

My oldest sister asked me if I would be able to make some small cross body bags for her and my niece to take with them to Disneyland and I immediately thought of the Zip and Go bags!  I made some for my Godmother and her daughter a few months bag and knew these would go together quickly and be perfect for their frequent Disney trips!  We picked out some fun Disney prints (got the Vintage Comic Strip Mickey & Minnie from Online Fabric store and the pink Minnie from Hancock Fabrics locally.  I think they were so cute and my niece squealed with excitement when she got them, she liked it a lot!!  She is already quite the bag lady at age 8 (I think she has more than me ha!)

Here is a pic of the insides.  Just Kona cotton solids which matched perfectly.  

and since I had some leftover fabric, I made a lil' cutie pouch by Noodlehead for my niece.  I didn't end up having time or a matching zip to make my sister one, but maybe some day since I still have fabric leftover from her bag.  

If you've never tried one of the patterns by Erin from Dog Under My Desk or Anna from Noodle-head, you are missing out.  They are accurate, detailed and very well priced patterns!  

thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment so I can visit your blog back! 
I love knowing if someone is reading!

** I am sharing at the following link parties** 

9 comments:

  1. I just finished one of these this morning! These are so cute, great appropriate fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are perfect! I need a cross body bag for me -- I should check out this pattern.

    You should join us and link up at Inspire Us Thursday on The Inspired Wren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect bags to take to Disneyland. Such fun fabric and the bags are a great design with the two zips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these bags are great :) Thanks for stopping by earlier at my blog :)
    Roopini
    Let's Make It Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work. Visiting from 15septemberarts.blogspot.com. Need to start one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pattern seems to be popular... I've seem many bags made from it during the last months. Yours are beautiful and the fabric you chose is appropriate indeed! I especially like the little pouch. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bags! Hey! I have that same black, white, and red Mickey Mouse fabric! I made a mug rug with it! :-)

    ReplyDelete